Hey ladies, first of all, THANK YOU to all of you beauties that took my quiz! (And my apologies to those who wanted to take it after it closed.) Although I am a procrastinator, and am just FINALLY sharing these, I was so excited about the results that came in.
These are the questions that correspond with the numbers on the graphs:
1) How old are you?
2) Do you have kids?
3) I feel most ME when I’m wearing…
4) I feel most ME when I’m with…
5) Have you done a Boudoir Photography session?
6) Would you ever be interested in doing a Boudoir Photography session?
7) When I feel most ME I feel…
Embarrassingly enough, after I posted the link my little sister asks me “So what’s your goal?” and my response was, “oh yeah… goals…? That’s what a business person would do.” So I thought about it and I decided that 100 would be awesome but I thought 30 was realistic (in a WEEK). Results? In just over 24 hours 50 lovely ladies responded and it was a great variation of responses! Heart full. I could have, no doubt, gotten to 100 if I had left it opened for the week but I thought 50 was pretty, round, and manageable. Plus I was constantly checking it, whoops.
Here is what I summarized from the survey responses:
- Half of the respondents were between 21 & 29
- It was about two thirds/one third of those who have kids versus no kids (that includes you fur-moms ;) )
- I was surprised that the majority of women are most comfortable in jeans – I was betting on leggings. Total jeans girl here!
- Most of you feel most YOU when your whole family is getting to spend time together
- I loved that the two words people picked the most to describe how they felt when they felt most like themselves was HAPPY & LOVED! <3 <3
- BUT there were four that responded with “I don’t know the last time I felt like me”. If that’s you, let’s find her! Do something crazy and book a session.
- FOUR of you specifically listed doing a boudoir session as your bucket list item! Major hearts – let’s do it!!
- But the biggest bucket list item was travel – some specific, some general. I hope you get to go where you heart desires.
- Only six said that they have done a boudoir session already but over half would be interested in doing one
- And although I forgot to account for some not knowing what boudoir even is, a whopping 41 out of 50 think that boudoir photography is a beautiful way for women to connect with themselves; rather than something dirty or skanky. YES YES YES!
I can’t wait to book a session with one of you twenty-something-jean-wearing-happy-mom! (If I were to overgeneralize the whole survey!)
But in all seriousness, you hear that a lot of women will book a boudoir session for a fun, sexy gift for their husband-to-be for their wedding, and although that is a great reason, you don't have to have a reason! Do it for yourself! Find your sexy or rediscover your worth or remember "who you were" before you were Mom. I've also seen women do a session who are going in for a mastectomy and want to document their body!
Educating people on boudoir photography and even more importantly, spreading body positivity, is something I have fallen in love with! Let's talk more!