Before we get into the pretty pictures of all the sessions I've been busy booking in the last couple weeks I thought it would be fun to show-and-tell you a little of what I've been up to since the beginning of the year!
It involves one of my 2017 Goals and knocking it out of the park!
Read 3 Books in 2017
Now I know to some this may not sound like a very lofty goal, but for me, in the past almost 8 years I've restarted the 5th Harry Potter book 3 times and STILL haven't finished it! And that' pretty much it.
No, I read a plethora of articles on business, new, art, etc. but there's something about that physical book in your hands. It's so relaxing and reading can feel so empowering. I wanted to feel that again. Besides that I did not want to wake up every morning, grab my phone and go on social medi mindlessly.
So I started on my goal the first week of the year by borrowing a book from a friend an by reading during breakfast and my lunch brea had it inished in 10 days. And I loved it. So I did it again. And again. So instead of 3 books in one year I've already read two a month and on track to finish my third for the month of April!
ny n my list are related to business or personal development but when the library didn't have two of the books n hand that wanted to read I stumbled upon The Pilots Wife and with The Oprah Book Club approval thought it had to be good choic. I would also recommend it, my first fiction novel I've finished in years! Another eye-opening genre that I've added is Biographies. I don't have a political bone in my body but Upstairs at the White House sounded intriguing and it was! I learned so much about past Presidents, their families and habits and history on the White House it's self. I look forward to continuing my list and fueling my brain.
My list so far:
. Big Magic - Creative Living Beyond Fear - Elizabeth Gilbert
2. Quitter - Bridging the Gap Between Your Day Job and Your Dream Job - Jon Acuff
3. You Are A Badass - How to Stop Questioning Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life - Jen Sincero
4. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up - Marie Kondo
5. The Pilot's Wif - Anita Shreve
6. A Child Called "It" - Dave Pelzer
7. Upstairs at the White House - My Life with the First Ladies - J.B. West
8. The E Myth Revisited - Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It - Michael E. Gerber
9. The Shack - WM. Paul Young